tip 08 – how to make a time-series chart
icCube allows you to create date sensitive time-series charts. This means that the x-axis will be represented as date / time and not just as a regular category axis. This video will show you how to make such a chart in icCube.
It’s an “up-tempo” video, you might want to pause a couple of times if you want to study the steps.
Timeline and topics:
- A time-series chart in icCube is date-sensitive as you can see in the start of the video.
- To create one, we start with a simple serial chart;
- add the data layer using “Internet Sales Amount” as Measure and “Month” from the Time hierarchy as rows;
- set the chart Category Axis, tab: Date-Related to “Parse Dates” and ” Min Period” to month (MM);
- to show the effect of date sensitivity, add a scrollbar, zoom in on the last 13 months with data;
- save, verify that it works;
- place the report in the application (tip 07) and you’re done.
(Note that in order to achieve the best results you need to use a hierarchy on the rows that has a date key for the items.)
Back to dashboard tips.